[Samba] CUPS permissions issues

Tom Hallewell hallewellt at rfa.org
Fri Dec 27 16:04:00 GMT 2002

Hello-
I am running Debian Woody, Samba 2.2.7, and Cups 1.1.14-3.
I can print as any local Linux client, but there is a permissions issue when
I try to print from Windows 2000.
My spool directory is /var/spool/cups, the permissions are set 700 to user
lp and group sys.  If I chmod the directory to 777, printing works fine, but
when I restart cupsd, the permissions revert back to 700.
I am running Domain-level security, as well as ACLs and winbindd, not sure
if this matters.
It seems like I am missing something really simple, so am giving a simple
description now, but I can supply much more detail if needed.

Here is the relevant stuff from smb.conf:
 load printers = yes
 printcap name = cups
 printing = cups

[printers]