[Samba] Special Characters in smbmount

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Wed Aug 28 04:24:01 GMT 2002

$ is fine to use. Just escape it like you have done.
You can also use single quotes.
I believe you have forgotten to specify a mount point,
smbmount //servername/\$transfer /mnt/mymountpoint
Try:
smbclient '/servername/$transfer'

Yes, I know. I spent three hours yesterday scratching my head over a dumber
mistake than this.

Joel