[Samba] pblms with samba 2.X /3.x and NT--W2k

Kristyan Osborne kris at longhill.brighton-hove.sch.uk
Mon Aug 19 22:12:01 GMT 2002

try adding to your smb.conf file

    use spnego = no

cheers

---------
Kristyan Osborne - IT Technician
Longhill High School
01273 391672

-----Original Message-----
From: mitchbnj_removethis at excite.com [mailto:faslink at excite.com]
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 6:52 PM
To: j.lu at tiesse.com; samba at lists.samba.org
Subject: [Samba] pblms with samba 2.X /3.x and NT--W2k

There is OBVIOUSLY something wrong somewhere.
EITHER a WHOLE bunch of us are stupider than we thought, the documentation left off a step, or there is something SO blatently obvious that we are ALL staring it in the face and missing it inches in front of our faces.

This is exactly what I've had, (BUT I *D*I*D* have it running ok ...)
and I STILL havent figured it out yet,...

Subject: [Samba] join domain problem with Samba 3.0 alpha18

..snip... I've compiled the SAMBA 3.0 alpha18
with all default options and installed well.

Then I would join my NT 4.0 machine using the following steps
manually (not On the fly)
** I did same thing, both manually and from script too...***

# useradd -g groupid -d /dev/null -c "comment" -s /bin/false
-m machine_name$
# passwd -l machine_name$
# smbpasswd -a -m machine_name$

(exact same steps/messages)
then I tried to join my NT4.0 to the Samba PDC, but it failed with this message: "The machine account for this computer either does not exist or is inaccessible".

> With Samba 2.2.5 it workes all right, also join domain. My Linux system is RedHead 7.1.

Mine was Samba 2.2.3, and then 2.2.5

To me this means we are ALL screwing something so basic up, that we're skipping over it.

More info: in my config (and I posted my machine/smbd/nmbd logs earlier) as well as in my messages/and other logs
I didnt see anything.

please help us!

   _____

Join Excite! - HYPERLINK "http://www.excite.com/?PG=Email&SEC=Signature"http://www.excite.com