[Samba] Winbind cannot find/connect to PDC.

Thomas Baecker (SHK Berns) baecker at irf.de
Mon Aug 26 02:41:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

in order to work around our problem with winbindd from samba-2.2.5 I tried the
following quick 'n dirty patch:

	- install the file "baecker-quick-n-dirty-workaround.h" under directory
	  source/nsswitch of the samba tree (see attached file)
	- include the following line into the file source/nsswitch/winbindd_cm.c:
		#include "baecker-quick-n-dirty-workaround.h"
	  at the beginning of the function "cm_get_dc_name" (directly before the
	  first comment)
	- recompile

This does not really solve the problem; it only works around it. But now wbinfo
says: "secret is good".
You'd have to hardcode your PDC's name and IP into the file
"baecker-quick-n-dirty-workaround.h" above though.

Thomas

Am Dienstag, 20. August 2002 14:15 schrieben Sie:

--
Thomas Bäcker (SHK Berns)
IRF-Rechnerservice