[Samba] Samba 2.2.5 Winbind Issues

Nick Couchman nick at seakr.com
Thu Aug 15 13:42:01 GMT 2002

I've just installed Samba 2.2.5 with Winbind.  When I don't have
winbindd running, clients of all types can log on to the samba shares
without a problem.  As soon as I start winbindd, I get invalid password
errors on Windows NT and Unix clients and am prompted for a password on
Win9x clients.  I'm using domain authentication.  The winbind stuff does
work for local logins (I can log in to the linux box with a WinNT
username and password), however it is causing this problem with samba
logins.  Any ideas?  BTW - It is a RedHat 7.2 setup.

--Nick

--
You can't make a difference until you are willing to be different.