[Samba] (2.2.5) Does AUTO PRINTER DRIVERS work - definitive statement please

peter.a.bryant at mainroads.qld.gov.au peter.a.bryant at mainroads.qld.gov.au
Thu Aug 15 16:23:01 GMT 2002

Hi,  could someone who is close to the Samba development
make a comment about the automatic printer drivers features in Samba 2.2.5
I've been trying to get this working unsuccessfully, and have seen many
messages posted from people having trouble with this feature.
Not sure if this is an unnusual number of people with problems, but
it seems like it ( I could be too close to the problem to see clearly).

Strange thing is, I'm sure I had this working in 2.2.2, but now can't get it
working using
the same conf and setup with 2.2.5.
I've also seen this commment made a few times by other people.

Any comments welcome, set me straight - is it just me or is there a problem.
Just need to know whether to keep looking for solutions, or hang fire and
wait for someone to do the hard work for me.

I'm using Solaris 8 and mostly HP drivers.

Really appreciate all the hard work put in by the Samba development team.
You guys are tops.

thanks
-peter.

Opinions contained in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect
the opinions of the Queensland Department of Main Roads,
Queensland Transport or National Transport Secretariat, or
endorsed organisations utilising the same infrastructure.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error,
please immediately notify the sender and delete the message
from your computer.