[Samba] How to mount WindowsNT disks onto Solaris workstation

Pierre Dehaen dehaen at milano.drever.be
Wed Aug 14 02:25:01 GMT 2002

For that you need the smbmount command which is, AFAIK, only available
on Linux. What you can do from Solaris is to use one of these three
solutions:

- Use the ftp-like tool "smbclient //NTserver/share -U user".

- Use the perl tool smb2www. It works with apache and give you a not very
nice but functionnal web interface.

- Use the xsmbrowser. Note that you'll also need TCL, TK, EXPECT, all
available from <http://www.sunfreeware.com>. It's a nice windows explorer-
like tool.

HTH
Pierre