[Samba] How to mount WindowsNT disks onto Solaris workstation

Rajesh Thapa rthapa at wii.gov.in
Wed Aug 14 01:50:01 GMT 2002

I am writing this email from Wildlife Institute of India, an autonomous
institution of Ministry of Environment & Forests, Government of India.
Our institute is involved in the research, management and training for
the conservation of wildlife in India.

We have a GIS and Remote Sensing laboratory having four Sun workstations
on Solaris 7 and two Pentium 4 workstations on Windows NT 4.0 are
installed.  We have been using Samba software to share the hard disk
drives of Sun workstations onto Windows NT workstations.  I was
wondering if it is possible using Samba to do this the other way round
i.e. share hard disk drives of Windows NT workstations onto Sun
workstations.  If yes, then how to do it?

I would greatly appreciate if I get a response to my above query.

Regards.

Rajesh Thapa