[Samba] Samba Open Server 5 package?

Bryan James BJames at woodmans-food.com
Sun Aug 11 12:54:00 GMT 2002

Hello,

I'm having trouble installing Samba on a SCO Open Server 5 system.  I have gone over the Skunkware CD and the Caldera Website.  I can find TAR'd versions of SAMBA but for some reason it won't let me start smbd or nmbd without giving me a core dump.

Does anyone know either
1. why I'm getting the core dumps
 or
2.  If there is a package install for OSv5.

The reason I ask is I have set up SAMBA on 2 other systems but always from a package this is my first time with TAR's and Source and it doesn't seem to be going well.

Bryan James
Woodmans Food Market
Network Administrator
BJames at woodmans-food.com