[Samba] Samba Open Server 5 package?

Scott Shackelford scott at customtransport.com
Sun Aug 11 13:46:01 GMT 2002

Did you install the VOL.00x version from the website? or just the tar.gz
file. I recommend the VOL using the custom installer since it configures the
/etc/services and rc.init scripts for you. Also, make sure you are not
running visionFS since it uses the same ports as Samba. I have Samba 2.2.5
running on 3 OpenServer machines (one 5.0.4, one 5.0.5 and one 5.0.6) and
one Unixware 7.1.2 machine. I installed the Skunkware then downloaded the
latest Samba code and compiles and ran without a hitch. Also if you are
using 5.0.4 with a 3com card, there are some problem with the original
driver that caused core dumps under high network I/O. (often Samba or
visionFS would cause this.) also on 5.05 and 6 some Intel Fast Ethernet
drivers had a similar problem. Hope this helps.

    -Scott