[Samba] Windows shares, smbclient and missing files

Sauli Raivio sauli.raivio at rlsystems.fi
Sun Aug 11 12:47:01 GMT 2002

Hi!

There seems to be a problem with smbclient and windows shares. Command
'smbclient //server/share -U uname%passwd -c "pro,rec,mget directory",
makes the direcory structure but sometimes there are files missing.
Things get even worse if transfer is started several times
simultaneously (into diffrent directories). I've been testing 3-4
transfers at the same time and every time at least one directory is
missing files. Samba-> samba, win->samba and win->win works ok. I've
tried RedHat 7.3, SuSE 8.0, FreeBSD 4.4, win200sp2, nt40ws sp6 and
windows nt small business server sp3.  I even tried to compile samba
2.2.5 on RH73 with no luck. The windows share has about 1.7GB of
miscellanous files. This happens in two networks so I guess it's not a
hardware problem. NICs are mostly 3COM.

Google didn't give any help. Is this somekind of configuration error or
what?

Sauli Raivio
sauli.raivio at rlsystems.fi