[Samba] error installing from source.

Matthew Easton info at sublunar.com
Tue Aug 6 19:07:02 GMT 2002

Hello,

Running configure with no options against samba  2.2.5 source on SuSE Linux
7.1, I am advised:

     checking configure summary ERROR: No locking available. Running
     Samba would be unsafe
     configure: error: summary failure. Aborting config

Searching on google, Kernel Cousin #15 suggests it's a configure script
problem.  However, that was in March 2000...

Thank you for any guidance.

About me.

I am a technical consultant to several non-profit organizations and
businesses in Southern California.  I've installed and maintained samba on
linux for a couple years in small office environments.
--
Matthew Easton
Sublunar Networks