[Samba] Samba and *groan* Windows XP Home problems!

Van Sickler, Jim vansickj-eodc at Kaman.com
Tue Aug 6 17:38:01 GMT 2002

It sounds like you're being prompted for the IPC$
(guest) password.  This indicates that the user
trying to connect from the XP box is unknown to
the samba server, or the XP box is presenting
ambiguous/invalid authentication info to samba.

Check to see if the XP machine account has been
added to the samba box.  You'll have to look
elsewhere for the syntax, I'm sorry to say.

"man smbpasswd" would be where I'd start.

Jim