[Samba] Duplex Option , WinXP, samba 2.2.3a

The Ha tha at stat.ubc.ca
Thu Apr 25 00:41:17 GMT 2002

Hi
I have no problem of usinng duplex option in WinNT, Win2K.
However, on the winXP, I can change the duplex option but it did not save!
By the way, where is the security setting for the printer under XP ?
It's used to be under printer property -- Security in win 2K/NT

Thanks folks

This conf used to work with older samba.
I add use client driver = yes and that fix win2K/NT but not WinXP !
Here is my smb.conf

        printing = lprng
        printcap name = /etc/printcap
        print command = /usr/local/bin/lpr -P%p -U%U@%I %s; /bin/rm -f %s
        lpq command = /usr/local/bin/lpq -U%U -P%p
        lprm command = /usr/local/bin/lprm -U%U -P%p %j
        load printers = no
        use client driver = yes

[jam]
        comment = Lexmark Optra Se3455
        printable = yes
        browseable = yes
        guest ok = yes
        guest only = yes
        guest account = nobody
        path = /var/samba/spool
        create mask = 0700
        printer name = jam-samba
        printer driver = Lexmark Optra Se 3455 PS3
        min print space = 8192