[Samba] Duplex Option , WinXP, samba 2.2.3a

Gerald Carter jerry at samba.org
Thu Apr 25 06:33:02 GMT 2002

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002, The Ha wrote:

> I have no problem of usinng duplex option in WinNT, Win2K. However, on
> the winXP, I can change the duplex option but it did not save! By the

Since you are dealing with a locally installed printer driver,
make sure you are changing the default printing preferences
and not just the "per user".

> way, where is the security setting for the printer under XP ? It's used
> to be under printer property -- Security in win 2K/NT
>
> Thanks folks
>
> This conf used to work with older samba.
> I add use client driver = yes and that fix win2K/NT but not WinXP !

"use client driver" was hacked in by testing Win2k.  XP could be acting
different.  You are using locally installed drivers right?  And not
serving them from the Samba server.

btw...the "user client driver" option make smbd map all
PRINTER_ACCESS_ADMINISTER access masks to PRINTER_ACCESS_USE
which will deny and SetPrinter[Data]() calls from the client.

cheers, jerry