[Samba] Win98 Networking

root jkulow at imap.dentalmail.de
Wed Apr 24 23:31:02 GMT 2002

Hi all,
I am using Samba 2.2.1a on Redhat 7.2. I connect to it win win98se. But I
have the following problem:
I can print via samba on my redhat from win98, i can also read from the
shares on my redhat but when i try to copy to it something happens:
I can see on redhat that a part of the file is already on the drive. But
after a while (it seems to me a slow networking) win98 tells me the resource
was moved or is no longer available.
Ok some of you will of course ask me wheather i have permission to write to
the share, yes i have and with small files like *.lnk there is no problem.
It seems to me a tcp/ip misconfiguration or so ( see a full collision peak on
my hub but low transmission ).
When running my dsl-connection all leds blink normally.

Any clue whats going wrong?

Jochen