[Samba] 'couldn't find service c$'

Manuel Gomez ERG at e-r-solutions.com
Tue Apr 23 12:12:02 GMT 2002

I have Samba 2.2debian-2 set up in an NT4 domain using Winbind.  I'm seeing
many errors like the following in my log.smbd:

[2002/04/23 10:03:39, 0] smbd/service.c:make_connection(239)
  imcoserver (10.3.0.45) couldn't find service c$

'Imcoserver' is an NT4 BDC which is being used as the first password server
that Samba checks.  The 'c$' does exist on 'imcoserver'; I can connect to it
with my user account.

Is this a permissions issue where the Samba server is being denied a
connection by the BDC?  Is this a problem or normal?

Manuel Gomez