[Samba] WINS Clutter

Eirik Thorsnes eirik.thorsnes at fys.uib.no
Tue Apr 2 09:17:03 GMT 2002

Don't know. Are you sure that the clients are set up with the correct
wins server (or at all)?

Only local file dealing with netbios lookup should be lmhosts but that
shouldnt be used when
using wins. Btw: there is a setting on "node type" that determines the
search order on the
client. You want "hybrid" which means use wins first, then broadcast.

Eirik Thorsnes