get username of wint client

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Mon Sep 17 14:41:04 GMT 2001

Read the samba book about variables (section 4 or there about) and about
preexec and postexec parameters.
Roughly, it goes like this:
[printer]
preexec = echo %U at %m accessed this printer at %T >> PrinterLogFile
postexec = echo You have printed a job | mail -s "Jobs Done!" %U;\
           echo %U at %m finished a print job at %T >> PrinterLogFile

There are many other variables you can access this way.
As a newbie, you gotta read the book.
Joel
--->>>>>P.S. I haven't tried any of this out. SO, there will be lots of