OPLOCKS - AGAIN

Juer Lee Juer.Lee at raidtec.ie
Fri Sep 14 08:56:03 GMT 2001

Hi, Guys,

Attached is one new feature from the release notes of Samba2.2.0.
Can anybody tell me what does this really mean? How can I test it, I
mean that how can I know it is a new feature from Samba2.1.x?
I was really confused for this though I read many documents about this.
Thank you in advance

Juerlee

Integration of server terminated leases (Windows "oplocks") with UNIX
NFS sharing (Linux 2.4 kernel and IRIX only). Complete data and locking
integrity when sharing files between UNIX and Windows.