Cross Domain Authentication Problem

Geyer, Thomas L. GEYER at timken.com
Wed Oct 17 11:48:02 GMT 2001

We are running Samba 2.2.1a on an AIX 4.3.3 server. When the password server
parameter is set to '*' in the smb.conf file, a user can login but when the
user disconnects and then attempts to login again authentication fails. If
the Primary and Backup Domain Controllers are listed in the password server
parameter, cross domain authentication works. We would prefer not to list
the PDC and BDC in the password server parameter since over time the PDC and
BDC can change.

Any suggestions on how to solve the problem would be appreciated.

The smb.conf files follows:

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from 0.0.0.0 (0.0.0.0)
# Date: 2001/10/17 15:47:29