%U in share name

Esh, Andrew AEsh at tricord.com
Wed Oct 17 11:50:31 GMT 2001

One thing to be aware of is the expansion of such macros is not always safe,
which may be the reason this was taken out. I know for a fact that you can't
use %D domain expansions in the valid users list. (Perhaps that's been fixed
since I last checked.) The problem is, the space for the name list is
allocated before the expansion, and is not grown as the size of the list
grows. Memory is overwritten, and eventually there is a segfault.

Again this is speculation, but maybe this is the same problem, and the fix
should remain in place until the expansion code is smart enough to grow the
buffer.