large files

Ivan Fernandez ivan at vyb.com
Wed Oct 17 11:46:06 GMT 2001

Hi Petter,

	the problem is not the file system. ReiserFS 3.6 (the one I'm using)
supports files up to 1EB (yes 1 Exabyte = 1,024 PB (yes 1 EB = 1,024 Tb (yes
1 Tb = 1,024 Gb (yes 1Gb....)))).
	As I say in the message, I copy a 22 Gb file from windows over the samba
share with no problems. The problem reises when I stat, mc, updatedb, etc
the directory because linux returns inconsistent values. Also ntbackup 2000
cannot directly generate that 22 Gb file over the samba share due to same
problem....

cheers!
		Ivan