Win2K doesn't exec logon script

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Tue Oct 16 10:24:27 GMT 2001

Andrew Bartlett wrote:

> Unfortunetly (of fortunetly, depending on your point of view) you cannot
> set the time as a normal user under WinNT/Win2k.  Look into setting up
> an NTP server, and using somthing like NTPdate to syncronise them.

It is VERY possible for the logon script to change the local time settings
of the WinNT/2K/XP client that is logging on. By default, only
Administrators and Power Users are allowed to change the system time.
If you want this to be enabled for normal users then here is how to do
it:

Go to Control Panel, launch "Local Security Settings"
Now, you will find under:
	Security Settings->Local Policiees->User Rights Assignement
an entry called:
	Change the System Time
double-click on this entry and add "YOUR_DOMAIN/Domain Users", or if you
TRUST everyone, add "Everyone".

This does it.

Cheers,
John T.

--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org

An argument of minds:
"Please help me to find the intellect in Intellectual Property"
"Not me, I can't find the property in it either!"