Problem with lookup_name

Patrick Reid p.j.reid at earthling.net
Tue Oct 16 11:46:04 GMT 2001

No, the user has been added and there is an entry in the smbpasswd file for
this guy. The devens user is able to log on to the domain from any machine
in the domain; its just that when a particular win2k machine which he has
never logged on to tries to do this user lookup, when setting permissions on
a share, it doesn't work.

I refer to passwd because it looks to me (perhaps wrongly) like samba is
trying to look up the user in the underlying Linux user space (hence the use
of winbind)

Patrick