password authentication-disk quotas

Skyraven jackdaw at tutopia.com
Thu Oct 11 12:37:02 GMT 2001

I'm pretty new Newbie in Samba,
Hello List,,,

I have 10 windows 2000 , 1 win98 and 3 win95 workstations hanged to a suse
server 6.4.  with the current configuration everybody can do whatever they
want. I mean, they can delete any folder in the samba server.

I want to:

1. convert my samba server in a domain controller..  I need to create the
users, and activate the users logon authentication , create the users and so
on,...

2. Configure disk quotas, so when they log on, they can have their own home
folder at the server.

3.  I have  a sbm folder I named archivos.,, I have a problem... whoever can
delete the forders I create  inside of the archivos folder,, How can I
restrict the access to the folders? I mean,,, I want that users that access
the folders inside of the main archivos folders just can read and modify ..
I Need not to grant the permission of deletind
the idea is that users can see and modify,,, Not delete...

..  how can i do this?

thanks for the hand you can give to me...

Thanks a  lot

Ignacio Gómez
Bogotá Colombia
MCP

pdta... sorry for my english.

[global]
   workgroup = Aristos
   guest account = nobody
   keep alive = 30
   os level = 2
   security = share
   veto files = /*.nws/*.eml/riched20.dll/
; Uncomment the following, if you want to use an existing
; NT-Server to authenticate users, but don't forget that
; you also have to create them locally!!!
;  security = server
;  password server = 192.168.1.10
;  encrypt passwords = yes
   printing = bsd
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   load printers = yes

   socket options = TCP_NODELAY

   map to guest = Bad User

; Uncomment this, if you want to integrate your server
; into an existing net e.g. with NT-WS to prevent nettraffic
;  local master = no

; Please uncomment the following entry and replace the
; ip number and netmask with the correct numbers for
; your ethernet interface.
interfaces = 10.1.1.5/255.255.255.0

; If you want Samba to act as a wins server, please set
; 'wins support = yes'
   wins support = no

; If you want Samba to use an existing wins server,
; please uncomment the following line and replace
; the dummy with the wins server's ip number.
;   wins server = 192.168.1.1

; Do you wan't samba to act as a logon-server for
; your windows 95/98 clients, so uncomment the
; following:
;   logon script =%U.bat
;   domain logons = yes
;   domain master = yes
; [netlogon]
;   path = /netlogon

;[homes]
;   comment = Heimatverzeichnis
;   browseable = no
;   read only = no
;   create mode = 0750

; The following share gives all users access to the Server's CD drive,
; assuming it is mounted under /cd. To enable this share, please remove
; the semicolons before the lines
;
[cdrom]
   comment = Linux CD-ROM