Shared Memory

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Wed Oct 10 09:42:03 GMT 2001

Hi Todd,
yes, you basically have to use whatever tools your flavor of unix provides
to determine what resources samba is using/stressing...

As far as opinions, I would look at the featureset of both branches (2.0.x
and 2.2.x) and choose the one that delivers what I need.  In general, in a
production environment, I tend to stay with the older release for awhile if
I don't need the new functionality or specific bugfixes that the new release
has - better the devil you know than the devil you don't.
But from a development standpoint, I like to see folks move to the new
release
as soon as possible; the more copies of 2.2.x running out there on different
platforms and loads and applications, the faster we will see potential
problems
and be able to address them; thus the sooner 2.2.x will be stable and
reliable.

Hope this helps,
Don