Samba connection on windows...

Roman, James (J.D.) jroman6 at ford.com
Wed Oct 10 10:06:04 GMT 2001

Actually, depending on what version of Win98 (I.E. SP2, etc.) You may need to have encrypted passwords set, in order to authenticate. I know there is a security patch that forces Win98 to use encrypted passwords. If you have that applied, then you will have to configure samba to use encrypted passwords, and set up the smbpasswd file. See the docs for more info.