WINS Server/Browsing help required

Inaki Sanchez isanchez at unav.es
Wed Oct 10 10:09:06 GMT 2001

Hi,

If your samba server can't contact its wins server at subnet aa.bb.cc.*, it won't be able to know the existence of the domain master browser for its domain. You have to find out why your samba server can't contact its wins server (a firewall problem?). Another solution would be to edit your lmhosts file and add a netbios name of type <domain_name>#1b with the ip address of the domain master browser (NT domain controler).

Hope this helps,

---
Inaki Sanchez
Redes y Comunicaciones