Multiple smbd's for users...

Wade Winright Wwinrigh at thecreek.com
Thu Oct 4 13:27:02 GMT 2001

I think this question has been asked before, but I can't find a decisive
answer. I have set up a print server on a NT network. I have set the
security option to server and the server sets up a new account everytime a
new user logs in, authenticating from the Win PDC/password server. If I
setup the prnt server for generic rights (trusted network, no need for
passwords) will this stop the multiple instances of smbd starting, for each
user connected? I'm sure there is a way to do this, just not putting it
together. Any help, or pointing toward the docs that might help would be
forever appreciated.

Wade Winright
"Open the pod bay doors HAL!!!"
-Arthur C. Clarke