samba + win XP problems

Jeroen Laarhoven jeroen at zwolnet.com
Mon Nov 5 02:00:06 GMT 2001

After upgrading win98 to XP, I could not login on my Samba server.
I did some sniffing around on the net and concluded that I should upgrade
Samba and change a Registry setting, so I:

- upgraded to RedHat 7.2, including Samba 2.2.1a-4
- did set 'requiresignorseal' in the windows registry to 0

Things work fine for Win95 and XP no longer complains about 'procedure
number out of range', but I am still not able to login, getting an 'Access
is denied' error. Same computer was able to login using win98 and same user
is allowed to login from another win95 machine.

Any suggestions?

Greetings
Jeroen.

(PS: using plain text passwords, also configured on XP.)