winbindd + getent group = segfault

Jaakko Niemi liiwi at lonesom.pp.fi
Mon Nov 5 01:09:04 GMT 2001

 Hi,

  This happens with Debian 2.2.2 packages as well as self compiled
  version.

  getent passwd works, as does wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g. I can see
  all groups and users with those. However if I run winbindd -i
  and do getent group, I see it finding domains and their sids
  find, then few times:

   fill_grent_mem(): could not lookup membership for group rid xxxx in domain DOMAIN
   could not lookup domain group DOMAIN+foo-bar-baz

  and then segfault. DOMAIN here is the primary domain where this
  machine belongs.

  Any ideas appreciated. Please cc me as I'm not on the list and read
  it rarely through web archives.

            -j