Auto starting the daemon in redhat

Jon jons at dotnet.com
Thu Nov 1 14:38:01 GMT 2001

I am having a problem with the auto running of the samba daemons in red hat

I got the smb script from the site and place it as /etc/rc.c/init.d/smb

Then I set up symbolic links in the places it told me.

I used lm -s ..... for the links

I went into the place where one link was and I use colors to signify what something is. All of the links are in cyan except for the one created which is white with a red bg.

I set them up as symbolic links, was I supposed to do hard links - i.e. just use ln ... (not -s)

It said symbolic links!

Thanks in advance