(no subject)

paul_fresson at uk.ibm.com paul_fresson at uk.ibm.com
Tue Jan 23 10:24:37 GMT 2001

Using linux as a client I am trying to mount an OS2 file system with
samba 2.0.7   The linux level is 2.2.16

I can run smbclient OK but 'mount -t smbfs ...' always fails with
'ioctl failed, res=-1'.
Looking at the admin logs on OS2 shows that the username option
given with -o was not flowed to OS2 and user root was trying to
connect.  I added user root to OS2 but still got security failure,
I can not tell what is happening to the password.

My colleague has been using samba 2.0.6 to mount the same OS2
file system with out a problem.

Apart from the obvious of moving backwards to samba 2.0.6 has
anyone got some helpful advise on fixing this?

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Regards,

Paul Fresson

e-mail  paul_fresson at uk.ibm.com (internet)
              Paul Fresson/UK/IBM at IBMGB (lotus notes)