bad disks? or NICS

Larry Clark xwindowuser at discflo.com
Thu Jan 18 23:17:02 GMT 2001

I have been have problems running samba on a machine for a few weeks not
and
someone mentioned that if everything was set up correctly and things
just
arent' working right, maybe I have a bag harddrive......I do a testparm
on
my smb.conf file and I get all sorts of errors yet it is the same file I
use
on 2 other machines and there is no problem. so my question is this, if
linux was installed on a sector that was bad could it cause problems
that
would make it unstable? also what do I use to check the disk to see if
it is
going bad? a linux type scandisk utility? if so what? or do I use a
utility
from the company that made the disk? thanks