SWAT Authorization failed

Ed Jackson ejackson at flashmail.com
Thu Jan 11 14:47:52 GMT 2001

I get prompted for user/password... I enter 'root' for user and the correct
unix password for root and press enter..

this then displays a web page with the following:
401 Bad Authorization
username or password incorrect

with the 2.0.7 RPM version that comes with redhat 7.0, this would display
the proper swat web page..

since I uninstalled the three samba RPMs and have tried to compile the CVS
SAMBA_2_2 version, I've not had any luck...  This last time I recompiled
with only --with-smbmount.. and it still failed.

Any thoughts?  Ed Jackson