Samba/W2K hangs

Mark Smith mdsmith at bigpond.net.au
Sat Feb 17 05:43:04 GMT 2001

Hello

I am running Sambe 2.07 on FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE.

In programs such as explorer and winamp, opening a file across the network will, randomly, hang any applications accessing the network drive on the windows machine for around 20-30 seconds, and then everything works fine.  This has been happening for some time.  The network is 100MBit full-duplex using a crossover cable.

Is this a known problem with samba, the application or windows?
I've looked through the lists and can't see anything similar.

Thanks
Mark Smith