Authenticating to two NT domains

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Wed Feb 7 15:05:27 GMT 2001

Hi Ken,
Afraid that won't do it; Samba will only contact a single DC in the list,
and whatever it replys in response to the authentication request will be
authorative.  It only contacts other DC's on the list in the event that the
DC's before it are unresponsive.  So in your case,
if DOM1PDC was up and running, and a pc member of DOM2PDC tried to
authenticate, DOM1PDC would reply in the negative.
I don't know of any way to make this work for you other than to have a trust
established between these two domains on the NT side.  Samba cannot be a
member of more than one domain at a time (same as NT itself).
Hope this helps,
Don