WINS resolution with Samba 2.2.2

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Wed Dec 5 13:50:03 GMT 2001

I don't believe samba gets involved in pinging.
Are you pinging names or ip's?
If ip's work, then this is a name resolution issue on the linux box.
Is there a DNS on your network? If there is, add that to your /etc/resolv.conf
file.
Do you have the other hosts on your network in /etc/hosts?
Have you configured /etc/host.conf?

Joel