Samba on AIX

Scott Prather sprather at austin.ibm.com
Tue Apr 24 13:49:27 GMT 2001

Unfortunately the client will not request to read the file again, it only requests a small piece of the file, in the case that I tested it was 1455 bytes at the original end of the file (not the end of the file now that the size has changed).  In my testing, if you wat a while (30 seconds to 1 minute) the client will request to read the entire file.  I do not believe this to be an issue with caching.

The other reply you recieved mentioned using the smbmount commend, that is for mounting a cifs share on your UNIX box, so far I have only seen this work on Linux, I don't think that this is related to the problem you have.

The only way I can see to fix this is to support the ioctl command that the Windows client sends to the server.  I am not sure why it is not supported at this time.  I will copy this to the list to see if anyone has any insight into ioctl support.

--
Scott Prather
MCSE, MCP+I
sprather at austin.ibm.com