Write Permission on files

Bill Moran wmoran at iowna.com
Tue Apr 24 13:31:07 GMT 2001

Check your default create permissions. I saw this via an NFS mount
recently. The basic problem was that the user had rights to create the file
(within the directory) but the file is created as a different use and the
original creater no longer has write access to it.
Check 2 things:
1. The new file is owned correctly
2. The permissions allow writing by that person.

If not, check your default create modes through Samba.

-Bill