Samba 2.2 / Tahoe question

Joe_Pfaltzgraff at patapsco.com Joe_Pfaltzgraff at patapsco.com
Tue Apr 24 14:18:02 GMT 2001

Joe Pfaltzgraff at PATAPSCO
04/24/2001 10:18 AM

I'm not sure if this is a problem related to Samba 2.2.0 or Microsoft Tahoe.
I'm hoping someone out there will know.  I recently installed 2.2.0 on our main
file server acting as PDC.  We are also working on a Microsoft Tahoe
(Sharepoint) server.  When ever we try to add users into Tahoe for access to the
server, it first lists the users as DOMAIN\username.  which is great.  But with
in a minute or so, this changes to PDC\username.  I have absolutely no clue why
the names would change like this.  unfortunately the server features only work
correctly when it is DOMAIN\username. When it changes the functions are broken.

Any ideas or insights would be grateful.

Thanks,
Joe Pfaltzgraff