CRLF / LF Conversion

William R. Knox wknox at mitre.org
Tue Sep 26 18:36:10 GMT 2000

I had to write the following little PERL script for a bunch of people
who were running into CR/LF problems with Macs and Netatalk. It converts
all the files ending in .shtm, .htm, .html, and .shtml (regardless of
case) given as arguments, and recursively searches for all the files in
directories given as arguments matching the same expression, changing CR
to LF. To put it more bluntly,

./correct_cr_lf.pl file1.html directory2 ...

It could be easily modified to change CRLF to LF or vice versa by
changing the values of $OLD_EOL and $NEW_EOL.

Let me know if you find it useful.

--
			Bill Knox
			Senior Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst