Printer Driver Installation

Mike Black mblack at csihq.com
Fri Oct 27 19:07:56 GMT 2000

samba-2.2.0-alpha0
I'm having one success and several problems installing printer driver using PRINTER_DRIVER2.txt directions.

Success#1
I successfully installed one NT printer driver -- was able to connect and use from another work station.

Problem#1
Trying to install the 95 driver on the same printer results in:
move_driver_to_download_area: Unable to rename WIN40 to WIN40/0
Obviously trying to rename a directory like this won't work.  Is this just a bogus rename that should maybe be skipped?
I notice that from the printer INF file that one file gets renamed into the "0" directory -- it's the only one that isn't compressed.
All the rest of the files are compressed.  I'm thinking since the INF file didn't have an "=" in the definition tha

Problem#2
Every other printer I try to install gives a message "Alternate drivers cannot be installed. The printer driver is unknown".

Suggestions anybody?
Michael D. Black   Principal Engineer
mblack at csihq.com  321-676-2923,x203
http://www.csihq.com  Computer Science Innovations