Samba 2.0.7 (under Solaris 2.5.1)

Jayanti Bodhania jcb at maunsell.co.uk
Tue Oct 17 14:10:07 GMT 2000

I have just implemented Samba Version 2.0.7 under Solaris 2.5.1 (x86 and
Sparc).  I am experiencing couple of problems:

1.  When I connect drives using this version (from an NT machine) they
    seem to get disconnected after a while.  Has anybody else
    encountered this (I have tried explicitly setting 'dead time = 0'
    in smb.conf but this doesn't help); and if so is there a solution?

2.  We also run a Software Metering product called CentaMeter, which
    relies on DOS record locking and file sharing.  This works very
    well under our existing version of Samba, viz: 1.9.19-prealpha;
    but under Version 2.0.7 it seems to be fine for the first user
    but as soon as further users invoke the CentaMeter 'exe' file, it
    kills it off for everyone.  Is there anything else I could try
    here?

Also, has anybody had success with NT domain logons with this version
(I am aware it is not fully implemented in this version) using Samba
under Solaris 2.5.1?

TIA

Regards

--
Jayanti Bodhania                                  Tel: +44 20 8639 3500
Maunsell Ltd                                      Fax: +44 20 8663 6723