samba changes

Andrew Wansink andy at sharinga.com
Tue Oct 17 02:31:15 GMT 2000

Hi, we have a need for some changes to SAMBA.  While we could do these changes
in house we would rather have some experienced samba developers who
understand NBNS perform the work so that it works the first time.  We are
willing to pay for these modifications, however given that they are not
likely to be of benifit to other users we would like them to remain our
property.

Basically the changes we require are that when the nmbd gets either a
broadcast or unicast request it should attempt to look these up and if it
does not know the answer then return a default address, configurable in the
smb.conf.

Any advice on where to find someone to do this or a quote for the work would
be appreciated.

Thankyou
Andrew Wansink