Windows 98 + domain logons

Gilles SIMON gilsim at wanadoo.fr
Tue Nov 28 09:37:00 GMT 2000

Hello,

Do you also have problems with locks ?
I have same messages with same behaviour (same config), except the '3
hours outage'. It also stops some software (as ms-office) in normal use.

The only thing I found to minimize in some way these problems was to put
a slave DNS server on the same computer as Samba. But the problem is
here, although less frequent. Take care about reverse naming (IP ->
name).
It seems a timing problem in Samba.

I posted a question a few days ago in this list, but no answer. If you
get solution, please mail to me.

Hope this helps.

Gilles SIMON

--