Error running samba after re-compiling the kernel

David Collier-Brown David.Collier-Brown at canada.sun.com
Mon Nov 27 12:52:08 GMT 2000

Cristian Stoica  wrote:
| This is the error that I'm getting:
| [2000/11/25 14:50:07, 0] locking/shmem_sysv.c:sysv_shm_open(566)
|   Can't create or use semaphore [1]. Error was Function not
implemented

	I think you now have a mismatch between libc
	(glibc2) and the kernel.

	The glib folks don't check for version mismatches,
	and instead return "impossible" errors, like ENOTSUP
	from getuid.  They need to talk to someone who really
	understands the POSIX standard, such as David J. Brown
	at Sun...

--dave
Work: (905) 415-2849 Home: (416) 223-8968 Email: davecb at canada.sun.com