cant connect..

digitalconscious.com mjs at digitalconscious.com
Sun Nov 19 19:35:22 GMT 2000

I posted this question a awhile ago,. I appreciated the help that was
offered and I've tried a few different things...but nothing, here is my
smb.conf file....is there something I'm missing here

I went to server manager in NT and added the computer account SAMBA,. I can
see it in network neighborhood,..but when I double click on it,..nothing,
just get the same error saying

\\samba not accessible
No service is operating at the destination network endpoint on the remote
system

What am I doing wrong,..I'm getting pretty frustrated by now...

I ran smbpasswd -j STUDIO54 -r SCORPION
and got this back,
Unknown parameter encountered: "domain logins"
Ignoring unknown parameter "domain logins"

[global]
        netbios name = samba <--- NEW NETBIOS NAME
        workgroup = STUDIO54  <-- DOMAIN NAME ON MY WIN NT SERVER
        security = domain
        encrypt passwords = yes
	  domain logins = yes
        password server = SCORPION <-- SERVER NAME
        name resolve order = wins lmhosts hosts bcast
        wins support = yes

[files]
comment = data files
path = /usr/local/samba/files
read only = no
guest ok = yes
writable = yes
public = yes

[mjs]
        comment = allusers
        path = /home

I desperately need to get this going..and would appreciate any help

thanks