Samba server CRASH

Werner Maes werner.maes at cc.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Nov 9 18:31:32 GMT 2000

Thanks for your reply.

On this server, X-windows has not been installed.
We have two partitions.
/dev/sda1 which is mounted on /
/dev/sda6 which is mounted on /home (the partition with all the file shares).
There's still plenty of space left on both partitions.
We have 128 Mb swap space configured (our server has 128 Mb RAM).
If I analyse with "top" I see that most of the memory is taken by the
smbd-processes.
How can I detect if there's a memory dump and where to find it
these core files?

Samba-configuration: This server acts as a file-server for 60 clients and
has 3 shares. It is configured to authenticate against a password server.

Kind regards,
Werner Maes
KULeuven